(Before cooking...just love the colors!)
I am SO excited to share about this new dish I recently discovered!!! Definitely NOT a nutritarian one, but definitely one to enjoy on occasion on those "not vegan" days for the "almost vegans" out there-or those "trying" to be, like us! hehe...We have not been doing a great job lately. The foodie in me keeps taking over. ;) Yikes!
Anyway, unless you're a true vegan, you're in for a big treat with this one! ;)
Last Sunday I was invited to my friend's baby daughter dedication, which was followed by a brunch at her home. I arrived a little earlier than most guests, so I went straight to the kitchen to try and help with whatever I could. When I saw her making this "breakfast pizza" I went totally nuts over it! Bummed that I didn't have my camera with me, my phone just had to do it!
It's one of those great and simple ideas that makes you wonder, "why didn't I think of that before?"
- Chili Pepper oil (she used the Archer Farms one you get at Target)
- Garlic (minced)
- Cream Cheese
- Scrambled eggs
- Shredded cheese
- Smoked salmon
- Fresh dill and scallion
- Pizza crust (she used one that you buy ready, but you're free to use whichever you want!)
- Endless goodness!!! :)
It's very simple to do,
- First you spread the pepper oil w/ some minced garlic (I guess you can omit garlic if you want!) onto the pizza crust,
- Then spread cream cheese
- Add scrambled eggs (my friend just said to omit salt since smoked salmon is pretty salty! But you can add black pepper to it if you like).
- Add shredded cheese
- Add smoked salmon
- Fresh dill & scallions on top!
- I didn't get this part from her, but I'm guessing you can add to a 400 F preheated oven until cheese melts. Just as you would do with any pizza.
She served it cut in squares. It turned out totally AWESOME!!!!