Sunday, February 19, 2012

Breakfast Pizza

(Before cooking...just love the colors!)

I am SO excited to share about this new dish I recently discovered!!! Definitely NOT a nutritarian one, but definitely one to enjoy on occasion on those "not vegan" days for the "almost vegans" out there-or those "trying" to be, like us! hehe...We have not been doing a great job lately. The foodie in me keeps taking over. ;) Yikes! 

Anyway, unless you're a true vegan, you're in for a big treat with this one! ;) 

Last Sunday I was invited to my friend's baby daughter dedication, which was followed by a brunch at her home. I arrived a little earlier than most guests, so I went straight to the kitchen to try and help with whatever I could. When I saw her making this "breakfast pizza" I went totally nuts over it! Bummed that I didn't have my camera with me, my phone just had to do it!  

It's one of those great and simple ideas that makes you wonder, "why didn't I think of that before?"

Wondering what's in this beautiful dish??? I didn't get an exact recipe,  but here's what you'll find:

  • Chili Pepper oil (she used the Archer Farms one you get at Target)
  • Garlic (minced)
  • Cream Cheese
  • Scrambled eggs
  • Shredded cheese
  • Smoked salmon
  • Fresh dill and scallion
  • Pizza crust (she used one that you buy ready, but you're free to use whichever you want!)
  • Endless goodness!!! :)

It's very simple to do, 
  • First you spread the pepper oil w/ some minced garlic (I guess you can omit garlic if you want!) onto the pizza crust,
  • Then spread cream cheese
  • Add scrambled eggs (my friend just said to omit salt since smoked salmon is pretty salty! But you can add black pepper to it if you like).
  • Add shredded cheese
  • Add smoked salmon
  • Fresh dill & scallions on top!
  • I didn't get this part from her, but I'm guessing you can add to a 400 F preheated oven until cheese melts. Just as you would do with any pizza.


She served it cut in squares. It turned out totally AWESOME!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment