These are a great (and for the most part healthy) treat to enjoy with your loved one this valentine day or any other day! ;) They are very tasty, easy to make and you would never know there are chickpeas in them! :)
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (Ghirardelli semi-sweet are vegan!)
What you'll do:
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Blend all ingredients, except chips.
- Mix chips in and place on a greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake for about 40min or until toothpick comes out clean!
Original recipe found here!
These were my sweet valentine treats to my lovely husband!
And these were my husband's sweet valentine gifts to me! :) I think flowers and chocolate will NEVER get old to me. I totally love receiving flowers or any thoughtful gift from my husband! He actually surprised me a few days before valentines with these, which were completely unexpected, since he's not "naturally" the flower/chocolate-giving type of guy! Totally loved it :)
Happy Valentines everyone!!!